Activity 2, which is creating a 3d mockup was a joy to do; I had fun recreating the designs in Adobe Illustrator, seeing the actual printout and comparing it to the original packaging I have selected.
Few things to mention
– If you are planning to become a packaging designer, you will need to get a lot of samples to inspect and analyze.
– Pay special attention to details, sizes and materials.
– Organize your digital file structure, and take advantage of layers and groups.
– Test your mockups, print in drafts as much as you can.
– Share it with your friends and people you know, and get feedback.